Monday, March 31, 2014

CALLED


One. word. done. finally! CALLED. This made me remember the day that Klay opened his mission call... it was a really emotional day I remember. He got it while I was at school and then later that night we went to cafe sabor with his family and he opened it. "Dear Elder Kelsey, you are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Argentina, Salta mission." This was really the first day that it hit me that my best friend was really leaving. He was going far away and I was going to be here... alone.. only being able to talk to him through letters and emails. I remember being so excited to know where he was going, but at the same time I was so hurt to know that I only had a few months left with him. There were a lot of tears that week, and throughout those next few months. But we made the most of those months and I got to spend a lot of amazing quality time with my best friend. Today I am happy to say that he is serving, with all of his heart. He asked me if he could give his heart to the Argentines for 2 years and I could have it back when he is home :) I told him I would be ok with that. It is hard to know that I can only be there for him in words, but I pray that those words are enough to help him on his worst days. I couldn't be more in love with that Argentina missionary, he is truly my hero. If I could give any advice to anyone else who is waiting... think about why they are serving, and who they are serving for. I had a really hard time with Klay leaving. REALLY HARD TIME. hardest thing ever to pull out of his driveway sobbing, and not go back and ask him to stay. But once I really thought about it, and realized that he was doing it for his savior, who suffered for all of his sins and sorrows, 2 years didn't seem so bad. Even though some days it is hard to not have him here, I will forever be grateful that he heeded the call and served, it had made me love him and my savior even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik